binaryexistence

Problems switching the X-10 to left handed operation

Hi there,

I'm trying to switch my X-10 to left-handed operation. I already switched the two pin connector on the vest and the two pin connector block on the X-10, which connects to the west. Now I'm trying to rotate the elbow hinge but I am not able to get it apart.

As shown in the image I already removed the two screws which connect the upper arm to the lower one (blue arrows) and removed the two other screws (not visible, red arrows). I assumed that I could remove the thicker left block, rotate it and screw it back on, but it seems as if the right and the left block are fused together. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to apply more force? I don't want to break it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

With kind regards

Andreas

hinge.jpg

Andreas - just loosen the screws where there block attaches to the 'Elbow Hinge' that has the 'oval' machined in it.  This will allow you to flip the block 180 degrees, you will also want to do this with the '2 pin' Block at the end of the Arm.     There are 3 parts that need to be Flipped.   #1 Flip the 2-hole Vest Block on the Vest  #2 Flip the 2-pin block on the Arm End  #3 Flip the Elbow Block.  Doing these three things will allow you to operate your Glidecam in the Left-Handed position.