Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

See:

#2 foosie

foosie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Devin's videos have been an inspiration for the last year. I remember seeing that he uses an HD4000 but this video shows a HD2000 or maybe even a HD1000 being used. Also, it's interesting to see the methods of holding the Glidecam is very different from what has been recommended in the instructions. Am I wrong about this?
Tom, do you think you can talk Devin into sharing a few secrets of his Glidecam success?

#3 Tom Howie

Tom Howie

Glidecam Industries, Inc.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

Devin's videos have been an inspiration for the last year. I remember seeing that he uses an HD4000 but this video shows a HD2000 or maybe even a HD1000 being used. Also, it's interesting to see the methods of holding the Glidecam is very different from what has been recommended in the instructions. Am I wrong about this?
Tom, do you think you can talk Devin into sharing a few secrets of his Glidecam success?

Let's see if we can get Devin in on this? :)

#4 Tom Howie

Tom Howie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Devin uses a wide range of Glidecam products in order to get the best results for any particular application/location. He is always on the go, as you've noticed, and has the complete Glidecam arnsenal at his disposal, ensuring he always has the right Glidecam rig for the 'shot'.

His control/shooting methods with the Glidecam are inline with its design and construction; Devin just happens to be a Rock-Star at it!
Glidecam Stabilizers are the most versatile and can be used in various operational configurations.

Have you ever tried flying your Glidecam with it setup in high mode, low mode or x-axis (i.e. counter weight) priority mode?

#5 foosie

foosie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Have you ever tried flying your Glidecam with it setup in high mode, low mode or x-axis (i.e. counter weight) priority mode?
[/quote]

I haven't even heard of these various modes....maybe I should read the manual again!

m

#6 Tom Howie

Tom Howie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Check out the Low Mode FX Kit, see: http://www.glidecam....low-mode-fx.php

This can be used in High Mode too.

Rotate the base 90 degrees to maximize X axis horizontal balance for certain shooting scenarios :)