Ben01

Devin Graham Glidecam + GH4??

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there are any Devin Graham glidecam users out there who also use the Panasonic gh4 with 12 - 35mm lumix lens???

I am wanting to purchase the glidecam but the specs show it's minimum weight as 2lb (900grams).The gh4 with above mentioned lens comes in slightly under that at 860grams.

Im worried if I buy this glidecam I will not be able to balance it properly due to the top being too light, so wondering for those that have this setup have you added weight and if so how have you done it??!

Many thanks 

The Panasonic GH4 is a common setup and should work just fine with the DGS Glidecam. You can always add weight, example: another Quick Release Plate, Microphone, even the extra glidecam weights can be used.

On 09/03/2017 at 10:30 PM, Greg J said:

You can always add weight, example: another Quick Release Plate, Microphone, even the extra glidecam weights can be used.

Hi Greg thanks so much for the reply.

Funny you mention adding another quick release plate because I was thinking about how my tripod has the 323 quick release adapter with 200pl plate and how it would be annoying to change from glidecam plate to tripod plate.

Do you think a 323 quick release adapter - seen here - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554141-REG/Manfrotto_323_323_RC2_System_Quick.html

would screw onto the top of the Devin Graham quick release??

This would also provide me with an extra 170grams of weight!!

I use the Manfrotto 394 LP with my Glidecam for added weight.

The thread on the DGS Glidecam is a standard 1/4-20" mount.

Hope this helps! :D